Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Synchronicity - How does it relate to Career Change?

The definition of synchronicity is "the relation of things that occur at the same time". If you try to be aware of everything that occurs around you, sometimes the same type of thing happens over and over, until you pay some attention to it. Here is just one example. You hear about a book that sounds interesting. You then see an advertisement for the book in a magazine at the doctor's office. You then meet a friend or hear someone on the bus talking about how great this book is. You go to the bookstore to look at the book and determine that the book is exactly what you need to solve a problem that you are experiencing at the time. I like to think about these events as synchronicity. Without the confluence of these events, one may not find what they are looking for, but when he notices that signs keep popping up in life about the same thing, he knows he needs to pay attention to the topic.

I find that when I try to be really aware of what happens in my life and around me, I get signs as to what I should be doing. This happened to me today. I intended to write a blog about an article about changing careers from the ProJo from a week ago. I put off writing this blog for a week. When I opened this blog site to begin writing about the article, I notice that a blog that we follow here was posted today on the same topic. So, I feel that I must comment on both the article, It's important to know the hot jobs, and the blog post for the Landing Expert (June 6, 2010) entitled "Want to Change Career? What does it take?"

Both the article and the blog talk about being aware. Know what kinds of things you like to do, know what kinds of things you do well. Don't just follow the latest trend, but put together what you like with the opportunities that are presented to you.

As you search for the job you'd like to have next or the job training you'd like to apply for, be true to yourself and find the best fit for you. Be aware of the things that seem to come at you from different places. When you listen to the cues that the world is giving you, you can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment