Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Interview Tips

Hi all,

Since three people I know are interviewing this week and since so much of what I have been reading lately is about interviewing, I thought it best to make this our topic for the week. Check out the blog for The Landing Expert for January 22nd, The Secret of an Excellent Interview. The tip he gives is "be brief". Freund goes on to say that answers to questions posed at an interview should be answered briefly, generally 60 to 90 seconds in length. How many of us feel comfortable doing this? Freund also suggests that to be really good at doing this, one must practice.

But what are some of the more typical interview questions you can practice answering. For this, I did a google search and found these questions:

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why should we hire you?
3. What is your greatest weakness?
4. What work environment do you prefer?
5. How do you handle stress?
6. Why did you leave your last job?
7. If there are gaps in employment, what did you do during that time?
8. How much salary do you need?
9. Why do you want to work for this company?
10. What do you see yourself doing in five years?

These questions come from an ezine article "Ten Most Common Interview Questions" by Janus McFarlane.
http://EzineArticles.com/expert=Janus_McFarlane

Of course, you will find a great deal more articles about this topic on the internet. Look around, see what's out there. What type of questions did you find difficult from interviews you have had in the past?

Can you answer the above 10 questions concisely in 60 to 90 seconds?

Besides answering questions during an interview, what other factors make for a successful interview in your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment