Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

30 Days

I've heard a lot about doing something to 30 days in order to make changes in your life. If we think about it, we can do almost anything for a short period of time and 30 days is a pretty short period of time.

What changes or improvements do I want to make in my life? Can I think about something I could do for 30 days that will move me toward this improvement?

Here's a challenge for my students in the Skills Tutor program. Try to commit to doing Skills Tutor for 10 hours per week for the next 30 days. You should see a great deal of progress from this kind of focus on your skills and you may be able to take the test sooner than you think. Then, if you get into the habit of studying for 10 hours per week, once the 30 days are complete, you will probably want to continue doing some type of "studying" to take the place of the Skills Tutor work. Some things you might like to try after the 30 days are up - reading for 10 hours per week for personal enjoyment or personal improvement or you may want to take a course on Metrix or take a course at CCRI.

There is research to suggest that once you do something for 30 days, it becomes a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment