This is the tip that was on the blog when I opened it today:
"Never stop studying. It does not just mean that you have to attend a post graduate school. You can also attend seminars, short courses or just plain read to improve yourself continuously. This way, you will know the latest trends in your job field."
I absolutely believe that this is great advice. I think that I am a more valuable employee when I take the initiative to learn something new. Not everyone has the luxury of enrolling in higher education classes or having an employer provide professional development workshops. There are so many opportunities at our disposal in our community or online. CCRI offers non-credit courses on many different topics. There are free or low cost seminars at the colleges. Many colleges now offer free courses on the internet, through Creative Common Licenses. Of course, you can also do self study by doing an internet search on topics of interest or on topics pertaining to your field or industry. The only thing that is really stopping us is our own motivation to do so.
Have you taken advantage of any learning opportunities recently? Please let us know.
A resource for clients enrolled in the Skills Tutor Program at Network RI in Providence
Welcome
I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.
No comments:
Post a Comment