Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Mini Resume

Have you ever thought about making business cards for your job search? In one of the blogs that I follow, this is the advice that was given. It was suggested that job seekers create a professional looking business card with their photo and highlights of their experience. After thinking it over, I think this is a really good job. You need to set yourself apart from the others who are applying for the job. I believe you should prepare a "leave behind" for interviews. A "leave behind" is something you would give to the interviewer to help them remember you. I always prepare a reference sheet printed on fine quality paper to give to anyone I interview with. If you create a business card, you can staple it to this reference sheet. Then, when they are calling your references, the potential employer can see who you are while he is talking to your references. Anything to keep employers thinking about you!

Also, a business card could be a good thing to carry with you. You can't carry your resume wherever you go. The business card could be a handy thing to have as you do your daily chores. You never know when you will run into someone who knows about a job opening.

What do you think? Do you think creating business cards would be helpful for your job search?

No comments:

Post a Comment