Hello Everyone!
Happy New Year to all of you! I hope that you are all doing well. As we begin this New Year, I'd like to take the time to reflect on the past year with you and begin to make some program goals for this new year.
During 2011, I didn't update this blog as much as I intended to. I also didn't advertize this blog enough. What we did do... The orientation to the program was revised a bit. Everyone enrolling had to have an email address and some people created one with me. Students also had to return to do the orientation with me. Many people didn't show up for the orientation. This was actually a good thing as only those interested were officially enrolled in the program. New workshops were offered here at Network RI in 2011 - using Linked In and using employri.org as well as an expansion of Basic computer skills. Some of the Skills Tutor students participated in these new workshops, but many more didn't. Maybe something to think about when we make our New Year's goals for 2012!
Now looking forward... What kind of changes do we propose to make for Skills Tutor for 2012? These are the goals I have for this year.
1. To hold weekly workshops for Basic Math - specifically an introduction to fractions, decimals and percents.
2. To hold monthly writing workshops - focus on creating cover letters.
3. To update this blog at least once per month.
Can you suggest anything else which would make Skills Tutor a better program for you?
A resource for clients enrolled in the Skills Tutor Program at Network RI in Providence
Welcome
I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.
No comments:
Post a Comment