Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

SMART Goal setting

Hi All,
You will notice that one of the blogs we follow (scroll down - they are listed on the right hand side of the page) discusses creating SMART goals for 2012. Even though I have written about this before, I thought it was a good time to discuss it again.

Most people at the beginning of January think about making goals for the new year. When I do goal setting with learners, I like to make sure that the goals are SMART - that is Specific, Measurable, Action Based, Realistic and have a Time Line associated with them. This is the reason that during the orientation to Skills Tutor, I asked you to fill out the enrollment form that requires you to state the target score you want to achieve on the TABE, when you want to achieve this score and why - what training you are interested in.

If you want to talk about how the SMART goal setting approach can work for you, just stop by anytime or let's talk about it here.

1 comment: