Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sleep helps learning, memory

This is the title of an article posted yesterday by Harvard Health Publications. (http://health.harvard.edu/blog/sleep-helps-learning-memor...)

In this post by Dr. Harvey B. Simon, it states that sleep,even napping, can help when you are trying to learn or memorize something. Several recent studies show a connection between sleep and learning.

One study I was especially interested in states "dreaming may reactivate and reorganize recently learned material, which would help improve memory and boost performance."

So, why not try doing Skills Tutor before going to bed one night and see if you dream about it during your sleep. One student told me this week that she dreamed about the math she was working on during that day. I think this is terrific and hope others in the program have a similar experiece.

2 comments:

  1. Great Article about the Personality Development Courses. Please update more new its more useful to viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this skills tutor. It is well stated.


    CV Template

    ReplyDelete