How many of you have actually done a google search on yourself? I have.
I think in this day and age it is so important that you do that in order to see what shows up. It is especially important if you are searching for a job since many employers and recruiters will do an internet search before hiring someone. With the variety of sites that we put our information on - Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc. - material is readily available for anyone to see.
On a recent google search of myself, I found that a posting I had made on someone else's Facebook showed up on the first page of the search. Luckily it wasn't anything that could be taken out of context the wrong way, but I now know that I need to be more careful.
So, what comes up on your Google search? Try it today to find out.
A resource for clients enrolled in the Skills Tutor Program at Network RI in Providence
Welcome
I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.
No comments:
Post a Comment