Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Important Details - Questions

Yesterday, I talked about strategies for finding the important details in a passage. On a standardized test, such as the TABE, questions relating to important details are fairly easy to answer? Why is this? These questions are relatively easy because they are literal questions (questions that have the answers right in the passage). As long as you read the questions and the passage carefully, you should be able to answer these questions easily.

These literal questions are usually the "who", "what", "when", "where", "why", and "how" questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment