So far on this blog, I have focused on using Skills Tutor to improve Reading Comprehension. These blogs can still be accessed by filtering for "Reading Skills".
Today, I will begin blogging about motivation. For many of the Skills Tutor students, motivation at the beginning is not a problem. I see many of you getting on to Skills Tutor every day for the first week or so. Then, the majority of participants start to go on less and less.
What are the possible reasons? If you follow this blog and have any insights as to why your interest wanes, please post a comment.
If I were to guess, I would say that participants don't use the program for a few reasons:
1. Other priorities get in the way
2. assumptions are made that Skills Tutor will not help with the skills for the test
3. don't see how Skills Tutor will help
4. they just give up on their goal of training.
For the next few days, we will talk about strategies that can help keep us motivated. Stay tuned.
I will also address the excuses that Skills Tutor will not help. Many people have been VERY successful at achieving their goals because they used Skills Tutor to improve their skills in reading and math.
I'd like to hear from you. What do you think are the reasons that clients do not go onto Skills Tutor regularly?
A resource for clients enrolled in the Skills Tutor Program at Network RI in Providence
Welcome
I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.
No comments:
Post a Comment