One reason we fail to achieve our goals is that we don't plan for the achievement of these goals.
If you came to my orientation to Skills Tutor, you already heard me talk a little bit about goal setting. I truly believe in the SMART goal setting approach. In order to be most effective, goals need to be Specific (S) Measureable (M) Attainable (A) Realistic (R) and Time Oriented (T).
If you haven't already gone through this SMART goal setting for your Skills tutor goal, let's work on this together here. You can fill in the blanks with your own thoughts.
Specific - I need to raise the ____________ (Reading and/or Math) score on the TABE in order to qualify for job training.
Measureable - I need to raise my score from __________ level to the ________ level. (You will need to know what you first scored on the test and then what score you need to achieve for the training program you are interested in.
Attainable - Do I feel confident that I have the ability to learn what I need to in order to improve my skills?
Realistic - Do I believe that this goal can be achieved in the timeframe that I have and do I have the resources to achieve this goal?
Time - How long do I have to achieve this goal? What is my target date to achieve this goal? As part of this step, you also need to think about the steps that you will need to take in order to achieve this goal by the time you would like to.
I'll go over this again tomorrow with more specifics for the Skills Tutor program.
A resource for clients enrolled in the Skills Tutor Program at Network RI in Providence
Welcome
I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
Here you will find:
* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips
Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl
The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.
No comments:
Post a Comment