Welcome

I want to welcome you to the blog for Skills Tutor

Here you will find:

* Information about workshops offered
* Strategies for Reading, Math, and for using Skills Tutor
* Blogs about unemployment and Strategies for Job Search
* The tip of the week
* Google Talk - a place to chat with your instructor
* Job Hunting Tips

Please check this blog often. I try to post new information of interest at least once per week. Thanks, Cheryl

The opinions I express on this blog are purely my own and should not be taken as advice given by CCRI, Network RI or any other organization.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Goal Setting Part Two

Please look at the last posting to be sure you know what SMART Goals are. Then when you are ready, come back to this post so we can go into your goals in more detail as it pertains to your work on Skills Tutor.

Ok, you've made sure that your current goal is SMART (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic and Time oriented). Now how can you use the Skills Tutor program at Network RI to achieve this goal?

Today, we will only focus on the R in SMART goals. Realistic - Do I have the resources I need to succeed with this goal?

You were referred into this program by your career counselor. He or she would not have referred you if you didn't have the basic academic skills needed to achieve this goal. You may need to learn some study and/or test taking strategies but you should be able to learn everything you need to in order to increase your score on the TABE.

Skills Tutor is an excellent skill building program. Be sure to use it regularly.

You may do each lesson over and over until you feel that you know the concept. Be sure to analyze your answers - why did you pick the answer that you did and why is the answer that Skills Tutor gave better. The more you analyze the better you will get at answering the questions on the test.

And finally, if you have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to contact me. One of the resources you have as a participant in this program is me. I am here Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm and on Friday from 12 to 4 pm to help you in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment